Australia has a noticeably different property market compared to other Asia Pacific countries.
While people cramp into apartments in Shanghai, Seoul, Ho Chi Minh City, and Bangkok, living in a house is the standard for most in Australia.
As a result, you rarely see multinationals like Savills taking care of property management. The company is more known for managing large-sized condominium projects in Southeast Asian countries, for example.
Instead, you primarily find domestic companies that offer property management services. The companies are smaller and focus on specific cities.
In this article, we review the top property management companies in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
Rent360 is a leading property management company and headquartered in Sydney.
It offers premium services and has stringent recruitment requirements. For example, professionals must have worked in the industry for at least 5 years before they can get hired.
The company has received many testimonials and high reviews, justifying its dedication to offering quality services and customer support.
Worth mentioning is that Rent360 primarily focuses on helping individual residential property owners and doesn’t work with commercial properties.
In addition to property management, they can also help you to find rental properties in Sydney, Gold Coast, and Brisbane.
- Source quality tenants for homeowners
- Prepare all leasing documents
- Prepare detailed condition reports
- Take care of necessary maintenance and repairs
- Conduct inspections
- Manage the payment of Water Rates, Council Rates, and property insurances as instructed by the customers
Level 9, Suite 903/50 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Propper is a leading property leasing and management company with more than twenty employees.
The clientele comprises investors with properties in Greater Melbourne, Geelong, Greater Sydney, Wollongong, Central Coast, Newcastle, Greater Metropolitan Brisbane, and Gold Coast.
The company’s goal is to help investors save money and reduce the administrative hurdles of letting properties, no matter where you’re based.
Thanks to low overheads, its technology platform, and professionals, Propper is a respected name in the industry.
Propper offers different packages for investors that need help with leasing and management. The property management services include:
- Up to 4 routine inspections annually
- Property expense management
- Maintenance and repairs
- Rent management
- Dispute resolution (Tribunal)
- Lease renewal
2/118 Devonshire St, Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia
Hometime focuses on rentals and property management for units on Airbnb. The platform grew significantly in Australia and the founders saw a demand for the services offered.
The company offers end-to-end and seamless solutions for homeowners that live in Australia or overseas. Their services are available all over Australia, but it’s headquartered in Sydney.
Some benefits of working with the company are that they help with earnings optimization, furnishing, and communication, just to give a few examples.
The process to sign-up is easy and includes five steps:
- Submit a request via the form
- Have an introduction/welcome call
- Property assessment
- Onboarding and creation of listings
- Photoshoot, listing creation, and optimization
- Premium management
- Property Management for Airbnb
- Holiday Home Rental Management
- Investment Property Rental Management
- Airbnb Cleaning
- Airbnb Hosting
- Extended Stay
161 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Property Management Melbourne
Property Management Melbourne is a renowned property management company with great ratings. As you can hear by its name, the company focuses primarily on property management, employing specialists in the field.
In contrast to companies like CBRE and Savills, they help individual investors who buy-to-let units in Melbourne. In addition to property management, they have also started to help with rental services.
Benefits of using the company include:
- The company provides a 90-day satisfaction guarantee
- Only AUD 295 for marketing costs such as photos, internet advertising, boards, and floor plans
- No initial letting fee – if you mention this before transferring your property and retain management for 12 months
- Rental Market Appraisals
- Rent Collection
- Monthly Accounting
- Property Maintenance
151 Poath Rd, Murrumbeena, VIC Australia, 3163
Melbourne Property Managers
Melbourne Property Managers is one of the top property management companies with around ten employees. The same as for other companies listed, they work primarily with individual investors who let properties.
The company provides exceptional results consistently and can proudly say that they:
- Have an occupancy rate above 99% on average
- Around 99% of the tenants pay their rents on or before the due dates
- Just 5 days vacant across 465 properties leased in 2016/2017 (data for consecutive years missing)
The process is simple to get started. You’ll get personalized consultation, help to list your property, the management of the leasing, followed by property management.
End-to-end property management services for individual investors, including:
- Tenant searches
- Process applications
- Prepare lease agreements
- Repairs and maintenance
1/385 Tooronga Rd, Hawthorn East VIC 3123, Australia
My Rental is a modern and leading property management company that offers a variety of services to investors. Thanks to its technological solutions, you can overview and manage the letting with full transparency and efficiency.
By using their in-house developed mobile application, you can check:
- Financial data
- Maintenance status
- Property inspection results
- Live feed property valuation tools
- Direct messaging / push notifications
- Property management
- Marketing campaigns
- Letting services
- Property maintenance
- Investment advice
425 Smith Street Fitzroy 3065
New Stage Property
New Stage Property is an experienced property management firm with exceptional ratings from previous and current customers. The team has years of experience and provides transparent and high-quality services to investors.
The company charges the following fees for its property management services:
- Letting fee: 1-2 weeks rent plus GST
- Advertising fee: AUD 330 for a premium marketing package
- Tribunal/insurance preparation fee: AUD 110 per hour
- Management fee: 5.5% (including GST) of the rent, managed on behalf of you
- Property management
- Rental services
- Appraisal services
433 Logan Rd, Greenslopes QLD 4120, Australia
Beyond Property Management
Beyond Property Management is an experienced property management firm with in-depth knowledge of local suburbs, property prices, and current trends in the Brisbane property market.
The company has professionals in as many as five locations, making sure that property owners all over Brisbane can get help instantly. The locations include Aspley, The Gap, Darra, Augustine Heights, and Regents Park.
- Rental and property management
1) 311a Maundrell Terrace, Aspley, 4034
2) Shop 104/640 Oxley Rd, Corinda, 4075
Below I have included some commonly asked questions and my replies. If there’s anything else you wonder about, feel free to write a comment below or contact us directly.
How many property management companies are there in Australia?
There are around 10,000 companies working with rental property management according to estimates. A significant number considering the population of Australia, at around 26 million.
How much do property management companies charge?
The general fees are as follows. Keep in mind that the rates differ between service providers and the property:
- Management fee: 5.5% / 4.4% (including GST) of the rent
- Letting fee: 1-2 weeks rent plus GST
- Advertising fee: Quoted separately, but usually a few hundred Australian dollars
- Insurance preparation fee: AUD 110 per hour
What does a property manager do?
Property managers are experts in managing the daily operations of residential and commercial properties. They offer end-to-end services to locals and foreigners who don’t even need to be present in Australia.
Examples of services include rental appraisals, tenant management, repairs & maintenance, rent collections, tax payments, and marketing.