Vietnam opened up to foreign property investors as late as 2015 and has experienced fast growth since. Buyers from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore, and Korea in particular, see Vietnam as a lucrative market with high ROIs.
Unfortunately, the market was hit by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021, we saw prices and rents fall by double digits.
Many investors are eager to understand what the predictions are for the market in 2022. As borders start to open, real estate buyers can resume traveling and visit Vietnam, which is crucial.
In this article, we explain how the market has performed in previous years and our predictions for 2022.
- Vietnam’s Real Estate Market in Previous Years?
- Foreign Property Ownership Regulations & Changes
- Vietnam’s Economic Growth
- The Real Estate Market in Ho Chi Minh City
- The Real Estate Market in Hanoi
- How will Vietnam’s real estate market perform in 2022?
- What will drive the real estate market in 2022 and beyond?
Vietnam’s Real Estate Market in Previous Years
Vietnam’s property market has emerged as one of the fastest-growing in Southeast Asia. Suffering from a housing bust in 2009, the market recovered in 2013 and has seen constant and fast growth since.
The reasons why investors have opened their eyes to Vietnam’s property market are: