Singapore’s real estate market has been one of the hottest topics in many newspapers in 2018. I bet it will continue like that in 2019.
Many developers and analysts first believed in a positive market outlook in 2019. But with new regulations in place, I’m not that certain.
In this article, I share my predictions for Singapore’s property market in 2019.
First of all, I will recap what we saw in 2017-2018 for you to better understand the current market climate.
Topics covered in this article:
- Singapore’s Property market in 2017: A throwback
- Singapore’s property market in 2018
- Increased Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty as of 2018
- How will Singapore’s property market perform in 2019?
- Are foreigners turning away from Singapore’s property market?
Singapore’s Property market in 2017: A throwback
After being in a downward trend since 2013, Singapore’s real estate market finally began to show signs of recovery in Q2 2017. During Q1-Q2 2017, property prices and rents were still declining, while the demand and prices for land started to increase.
Still, the vacancy rates reached new record levels in 2017, contributing to a further drop in rents.