Indonesia has become one of the most interesting investment destinations in Asia. With that said, foreign commercial property buyers have been standing on the sideline due to unfavorable property ownership regulations.
Over the years, the Indonesian government has issued new reforms, but we’ve not seen radical changes. There’s most likely more to come.
That said, navigating the Indonesian real estate market can be a truly daunting task, something we will review in greater detail in this article.
Today, we review the following:
- Can foreigners buy commercial property in Indonesia?
- Indonesia’s Commercial Property Market
- Office Space
- Retail Property
- Industrial Real Estate and Warehouses
- Car Parks
- Best Cities to Invest in Commercial Property in Indonesia
- Commercial Property Taxes
Can foreigners buy commercial property in Indonesia?
Indonesia is infamous for having some of the strictest foreign ownership regulations in Asia. However, regulations differ greatly if you buy property as an individual or through a company.