Japan is one of the most visited countries in Asia and its tourism industry has seen a great upswing in the past years.
The major cities will see a large supply of new units in the coming years, an interesting trend is that the demand for nights at 4-5 star hotels increase much.
Investing in Japan real estate is straight-forward compared to other regional countries, including Thailand, China, and Vietnam, just to mention a few.
Yet, the country is also well-known for being bureaucratic which can understandably make some investors frustrated.
In this article, we review the following topics:
- Can foreigners buy hotels in Japan?
- Licenses Needed to Operate a Hotel
- Hotel Business Permits (The Hotel Business Act)
- Buying Japanese Hotels through a Company
- Japan’s Hotel Market
- Best Cities for Hotel Investments in Japan
- Commercial Property Agents in Japan
Can foreigners buy hotels in Japan?
Japan has transparent and preferable property ownership rules, foreigners generally don’t have any issues to acquire hotels and resorts. Continue reading Buying Hotels in Japan: The Ultimate Guide