Bangkok is the most visited city in the world and attracts everything from leisure travelers to investors. Most of Thailand’s office space is allocated to the capital where multinational banks like J.P. Morgan and startups alike have offices.
While prime office space is found in the central and extended business district, we also see upcoming areas in suburban and fringe areas.
That said, when looking at buying regulations and bureaucracy, investing in office space in Thailand can indeed be challenging for some foreign investors.
In this article, I explain the basics you need to know when buying office space and buildings in Thailand.
- Can foreigners buy office space in Thailand?
- Thailand’s Office Market
- Areas to Invest in Office Space
- How can I find office space for sale in Thailand?
Can foreigners buy office space in Thailand?
Foreigners are allowed to own so-called strata-titled units in Thailand, which typically include condominium units and strata-titled office units.
According to Thai laws, 49% of the units in a project can be owned by foreigners while the remaining 51% have to be allocated to Thai citizens. Continue reading Investing in Thailand Office Space & Buildings: A Complete Guide