Suggestion: Watch the 5 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
We all know about the temptations that Thailand has to offer: white beaches, low living costs, and real estate that costs a fraction compared to back home.
Maybe you have already decided to purchase a property or just want to learn more about how it works when buying real estate in Thailand.
In this article, I explain about foreign property ownership regulations, how you can buy property as a foreigner in Thailand, about property taxes, if you can rent out the property, and more.
Can foreigners buy property in Thailand?
Foreign individuals are allowed to buy 49% of the units in condominium projects. The remaining 51% needs to be allocated to locals.
Besides, foreigners can own strata-titled office units, with similar regulations as when buying condominiums. This is not common though, but worth mentioning.
You can also buy and own physical structures, but not the land that these structures are built on. But there are ways to get around this.
You can either lease the land or buy it through a local company (where the first option is significantly easier). Let’s review the two options. Continue reading How to Buy Property in Thailand: The Ultimate Guide