Ho Chi Minh City is set to become a post-pandemic winner and captures many headlines as investors flood to grasp a piece of this growing market.
The luxury real estate market is undoubtedly one of the most interesting in Ho Chi Minh and prices have increased by double digits yearly. When comparing prices to Hong Kong and Singapore, we also see some great differences.
According to Savills, for example, luxury property prices can be as much as four times more in Hong Kong.
If you look for prime real estate in Saigon, don’t look any further. In this article, we review some of the most interesting luxury real estate projects available to foreign buyers.
1. The Marq
The Marq is one of the most bespoke luxury property projects and located on Nguyen Dinh Chieu street in District 1. As you can see, The Marq will have a modern exterior and big windows offering much sunlight, marble floor, and high ceilings.
It’s said to become a new crown jewel in Saigon and will be within proximity to landmarks like Nguyen Hue walking street, Ben Thanh Market, and Bui Vien. The area is one of the oldest, historically and culturally, and you’ll find plenty of old mansions, Consulate buildings, and company headquarters.
The project is built by Hongkongland, one of the most reputable and biggest real estate developers in Hong Kong. The company was established in 1889 and primarily build projects in Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore, and Jakarta.
Residents will have access to numerous luxury amenities and facilities, including a Jacuzzi, a 30-meter infinity lap pool, Kid’s Pool, Sky Bar, BBQ area, gym, Sauna, and much more.
- Completed: Q1 2022
- Developer: Hongkong Land
- Units & Floors: 515 units, 26 floors
- Unit Types: 1-4 bedroom apartments, penthouse
- Price: From around VND 120 million (USD 5,140) per square meter
- Address: 29B, Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, Da Kao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Amenities: Jacuzzi, Kid’s Pool, 30-meter infinity lap pool, Sky bar & dining, BBQ, children’s play area, gym, others
2. Alpha Hill
Alpha Hill is a luxury condominium project located on Cong Quynh Street in District 1, one of the most prestigious addresses in Saigon. The project has two towers that are connected by an 8-story retail podium at the bottom and by two passages at the top.
It’s undoubtedly one of the most expensive and modern projects in the city and comes with never-ending amenities and facilities such as a steam Sauna, a sunken bar, Sky bridge, brewery, lounge, pool, gym, BBQ area, and the list goes on.
Alpha Hill won 7 awards at the PropertyGuru Vietnam Awards 2018:
- Best Green Development
- Best Condo Interior Design categories
- Best Retail Development
- Best Mixed-Use Development
- Best Luxury Condo
- Best Architectural Design
- Highly Recommended in the Best Luxury Condo segment
You’ll also find hospitals, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, hotels, and international schools in the vicinity and be able to reach the central business district in as little as 2 minutes by car and 7 minutes to District 2.
- Completed: Q3 2021
- Developer: Alpha King Vietnam
- Units & Floors: 1,076 units, 49 floors
- Unit Types: 1-3 Bedrooms, penthouse, Skyvilla
- Price: USD 8,000 – 10,000 per square meter
- Address: 87 Cong Quynh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Amenities: Steam sauna, sky bridge, BBQ area, lap pool, Sunken Bar, rooftop area, café & restaurant, lounge, brewery, sky cinema, hidden oasis, jogging track, and more
d’Edge is a smaller luxury real estate project located in one of the most popular areas in Ho Chi Minh, namely Thao Dien, District 2. It’s built by the renowned Singaporean property developer, CapitaLand, the company behind well-known projects like Vista Verde, The Vista, Feliz en Vista, and more.
What makes d’Edge unique is its premium facilities and location, just next to the Saigon River and in a tranquil and peaceful environment, but just a 10-minute drive away from District 1. You’ll reach some of the best international in Saigon with just a 5-minute drive.
Residents can enjoy dozens of facilities, including everything from a herb and spice garden, jogging and cycling track, Sky pool and gym, Sauna and cigar and wine lounge. The project comprises two towers, Aire and Breze, that are connected.
- Completed: Q2 2020
- Developer: CapitaLand
- Units & Floors: 273 units, 22 floors
- Unit Types: 1-4 Bedrooms
- Price: From around VND 65 million (USD 2,780) per square meter
- Address: Thao Dien, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Amenities: Butterfly garden, refreshing jogging & cycling track, herb & spice garden, Kids playground, yoga & meditation deck, communal workspace, reading lounge, Sky spa, Sauna, Sky yoga room, Sky gym, Sky infinity pool
4. Q2 Thao Dien
Q2 Thao Dien is located in Thao Dien, one of the most popular areas among foreign professionals and expats. It’s located in proximity to other famous projects such as Estella Heights, Masteri, The Vista, Nassim, and Masteri An Phu.
The project has a modern design and comprises 333 apartments, 12 townhouses, 6 villas, and 5 penthouses. Residents will be able to enjoy plenty of amenities and facilities, including shopping malls, bars, restaurants, international schools, and international schools. You’ll also have a splendid view of the Saigon River.
Worth mentioning is that the project is located next to the upcoming Metro station, An Phu Metro station, which is on Line 1. Thus, investors will most likely be able to see great price appreciations once the new Metro line is ready.
Real estate professionals in Ho Chi Minh says that projects close to the Metro line in the Eastern parts of Saigon will see price apprecations of around 10% to 20%.
From Q2 Thao Dien, you’ll reach the following areas within a short distance:
- 45 minutes to Bien Hoa
- 30 minutes to Binh Duong
- 1 hour and 15 minutes to Vung Tau
- 15 minutes to move to District 1, Thu Thiem Urban Area
- 30 minutes to move to District 7, Tan Son Nhat Airport
- 1 hour 30 minutes to Dau Giay
- Completed: 2021
- Developer: Frasers Property
- Units & Floors: 333 apartments, 32 floors
- Unit Types: 1 – 4 bedrooms
- Price: From around VND 4 billion
- Address: Bounded by Road no. 9, Road no. 10, and Vo Truong Toan Street, Thao Dien Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
- Amenities: Pool, Spa, hydrotherapy spa lounge, Tai Chi-square, hanging garden, BBQ, gym, sunrise yoga platform
5. The Grand Manhattan
The Grand Manhattan is one of Novaland’s most premium project and will be located right in the heart of District 1. The project has European-style units, international 5-star standards, and spacious and luxurious 2–3 bedrooms units.
Located with proximity to District 4, you’ll reach Ben Thanh Market with a 5-minute walk, the future Metro line 4 with a 5-minute walk, and you’ll reach District 3, 8, 10 within a short time.
The project is also close to the Nha Rong Wharf, Nguyen Hue Street, and September 23 Park.
The Grand Manhattan comes with numerous high-end facilities and amenities such as walking paths, jogging tracks, multi-purpose terrace, cafe, reading area, restaurant, garden, and shopping mall.
- Completed: 2021
- Developer: Alpha King
- Units & Floors: 750 units, 39 floors
- Unit Types: Studios – 3 Bedrooms
- Price: From around VND 11 Billion (USD 475,000)
- Address: No. 100 Co Giang, Co Giang Ward, District 1, TP. Ho Chi Minh City
- Amenities: BBQ area, gym, spa center, swimming pool, playground, outdoor games area, bar