Suggestion: Watch the 5 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
Indonesia is often overshadowed by neighbouring countries like Malaysia and India in the media. Being Southeast Asia’s richest and biggest country in terms of population, it’s a bit undeserved.
Sure, Indonesia is set to become a new powerhouse and much manufacturing operations move here. Still, many foreigners have looked elsewhere as foreign property ownership regulations can be both vague and unfavourable.
There are signs that the government tries to increase foreign investment, something that will be needed to be competitive with its neighbouring countries in the coming decade.
If Indonesia decides to change its property ownership regulations, the market is set to boom. Before you buy property, it’s important that you get your feet wet and learn about the market, property prices, taxes, and more.
In this article, you’ll learn the following:
- Can foreigners buy property in Indonesia?
- Can foreigners buy land in Indonesia?
- Indonesian land titles
- Indonesia’s property market
- Property prices in Indonesia
- Rental yields in Indonesia
- Property taxes in Indonesia
- Best places to buy real estate in Indonesia