Suggestion: Watch the 5 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
Spain is one of the most popular locations among Europeans that look for holiday homes. Asians have also started to favor the nation, thanks to generous visa options, access to the EU, and low real estate prices.
Yet, navigating the Spanish real estate market can be both bureaucratic and challenging.
In this article, we review how you can purchase real estate as a foreigner, covering the most important topics. Let’s get started.
- Can foreigners buy property in Spain?
- Can foreigners buy land in Spain?
- Process when buying property in Spain
- How to get a Foreigner’s Identity Number (NIE)
- Property taxes in Spain
- Can I get a residence permit if I buy property in Spain?
- Best places to buy property in Spain
- Can I rent out my property as a non-resident foreigner?
Can foreigners buy property in Spain?
Foreigners have no particular restrictions to buy property in Spain. As mentioned, the Spanish government even encourages foreign investors to buy local property.
This is different from places like Singapore and Hong Kong, where the governments have introduced hefty buyer’s stamp duties, to cool down the markets. Continue reading Buying Property in Spain as a Foreigner: The Ultimate Guide