Suggestion: Watch the 5 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
In the past decade, Asian investors have poured money into cities like London, New York, and Los Angeles.
It’s not strange as they want to buy property close to their relatives, in places they consider safe, or where they plan to send their kids for education in the future.
Yet, we see a trend where more and more foreigners invest in smaller cities and states that received less attention before. Some examples are Texas and Nashville.
However, before you engage in the American property market, it’s important that you learn if you can even buy property as a foreigner, how the process is, what taxes you need to pay, and more.
Topics covered in this article:
- Can foreigners buy property in the US?
- Getting an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number)
- Can non US citizens get a mortgage?
- Can foreigners get residence permits when buying property?
- Best places to buy property in the US as a foreigner
- Property taxes for non-resident foreigners in the US
- Setting up a company (LLC) when buying property in the US
- Finding a real estate agent as a foreigner in the US