Vietnam opened up to foreign property investors in 2015 and has seen a massive growth since. Buyers from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore, and Korea in particular, see Vietnam as a lucrative market with high ROIs.
If you plan to buy property in Vietnam, it’s important that you understand the economic climate, and the outlook for the coming year. In this article, I explain about how the market has performed in previous years, and what my predictions are for Vietnam’s property market in 2019.
Topics covered in this article:
- How has Vietnam’s real estate market performed the past years?
- Foreign property ownership regulations and laws
- Vietnam’s economic growth and its effect on the real estate market
- How will Vietnam’s real estate market perform in 2019?
- What will drive the real estate market in 2019 and beyond?
How has Vietnam’s real estate market performed the past years?
The real estate market has emerged as a thriving and fast-growing real estate market in Southeast Asia. Suffering from a housing bust in 2009, the market recovered in 2013 and has seen a constant and fast growth.
Below I’ve listed the main reasons why the market has developed quickly in recent years: