Vietnam opened up to foreign property investors as late as 2015 and has experienced a fast growth since. Buyers from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore, and Korea in particular, see Vietnam as a lucrative market with high ROIs.
Yet, if you plan to buy property in Vietnam, you must understand the current market climate and what you can expect in the coming years. In this article, I explain how the market has performed and what my predictions are for Vietnam’s property market in 2020.
In this article, we review the following:
- How has Vietnam’s real estate market performed in the past years?
- Foreign Property Ownership Regulations and Laws
- Vietnam’s Economic Growth
- The Real Estate Market in Ho Chi Minh City
- The Real Estate Market in Hanoi
- How will Vietnam’s real estate market perform in 2020?
- What will drive the real estate market in 2020 and beyond?
How has Vietnam’s real estate market performed in the past years?
Vietnam has emerged as a thriving and fast-growing real estate market in Southeast Asia. Suffering from a housing bust in 2009, the market recovered in 2013 and has seen constant and fast growth.
The main reasons why investors see Vietnam as the number one choice in Asia are: