Vietnam opened up to foreign property investors as late as 2015 and has experienced fast growth since. Buyers from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore, and Korea in particular, see Vietnam as a lucrative market with high ROIs.
Unfortunately, the market was hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 and we saw prices and rents fall by double digits.
With that said, the economy and the real estate market is set to rebound in 2021. Therefore, many investors are eager to understand what our predictions are for the market in 2021.
Therefore, we have written this article where we explain how the market has performed and what our predictions are for 2021.
In this article, we review the following:
- How has Vietnam’s real estate market performed in the past years?
- Foreign Property Ownership Regulations and Laws
- Vietnam’s Economic Growth
- The Real Estate Market in Ho Chi Minh City
- The Real Estate Market in Hanoi
- How will Vietnam’s real estate market perform in 2021?
- What will drive the real estate market in 2021 and beyond?
How has Vietnam’s real estate market performed in the past years?
Vietnam has emerged as a thriving and fast-growing real estate market in Southeast Asia. Suffering from a housing bust in 2009, the market recovered in 2013 and has seen constant and fast growth.
The main reasons why investors see Vietnam as the number one choice in Asia are: