Suggestion: Watch the 5 minutes video tutorial before reading this article
Vietnam is on the rise and opened up to foreign investors as late as 2015.
The government has made big changes to foreign property ownership regulations. Nowadays, you can buy a multiple amount of properties by simply having a tourist visa.
When it comes to locations, the by far most popular city where foreigners buy real estate is Ho Chi Minh City (sometimes just referred to as Ho Chi Minh or Saigon).
It’s not strange, as it’s the 2nd fastest growing city in the world at the moment.
As China’s labour costs, housing prices, and commodity prices increase, more and more property buyers has shifted their focus to Ho Chi Minh City.
Not to forget, people from Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan struggle with high property prices back home and look for investment opportunities in emerging markets.
In this article, we take a closer look on how it works when buying apartments as a foreigner in Ho Chi Minh City.
Topics covered in this article
- Foreign ownership of property in Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City’s property market
- Rental yields in Ho Chi Minh City
- Real estate prices in Ho Chi Minh City
- Real estate agents and listings in Ho Chi Minh City
- Buying a luxury property in Ho Chi Minh City
- The best areas and to buy property in Ho Chi Minh City